Tonight I was preparing my laptop with Windows Azure binaries for development. However, I ran into this error:
Failed to configure Windows Azure Management Tools. Operating System Not Supported. Please review your machine configuration and try again. Click Close to exit the Configuration Wizard.
- Open the XML file “setupDependencies.xml” with Notepad
- Locate the “buildNumber” string
- Start > Run “winver” to see your current O/S build
- Append semi colon and your build to the XML “buildNumber” string
- Run install again, should work this time