Performance Point – Unable to Install on Domain Controller – FIXED
Today I had tried to load PPS on my handy SharePoint VM and it promptly fell on it’s face. Whoops! The workaround is very easy and came to me by looking at the Performance Point Monitoring Server install MSI (PSCSrv.msi) using the incredibly helpful Orca MSI editor tool.
- Browse to the PPS install media folder
- Locate the file named "PSCSrv.msi”
- Open a CMD prompt window to the path in #2
- Type “PSCSrv.msi SKIPREQCHECK=1” to launch the install and bypass the check
- You’ll still see the error message but can click “Next” to skip and complete a full normal install
Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 — Monitoring Server — Failed Windows Vista or Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003 SP1 (non domain-controller) or Windows Longhorn (non domain-controller)