This error showed up on the Monitoring > Health Analyzer of my SharePoint 2010 VM. Apparently after using the wizard to create a new farm, you must double back to supply Visio Services with user credentials for remote data connections.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/559f72a4-d9ca-4004-b5ca-a0fa6dbad51f was a helpful reference on the steps and below are screenshots.
- Open Health Analyzer and view details
- Manage the Visio Graphics Service (SA) and confirm Application ID is empty.
- Manage the Secure Store Service (SA) and Generate New Key
- Create a New Target Application
- Provide a unique ID, name, and contact email. Select Group Type.
- Accept default and just click Next
- Provide a user name for both fields. I used “DEMOAdmin” as that is the only user on this machine. Click OK.
- Enter the Target Application ID back on the Visio Graphics Service (SA) page and click OK.
- Go to the Health Analyzer rule, open it and click Reanalyze Now, then you should be ready to go.