SharePoint, Office 365, Azure, and Front end JS geek. – Chicago IL
SharePoint, Office 365, Azure, and Front end JS geek. – Chicago IL

Server Farm Product and Patch Status

Today I attempted to join a SQL Reporting Servers machine to an existing farm and saw the below error.  While self explanatory, I wanted to document it for others that haven’t seen this.  WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007 were more lenient allowing a mix between the two product SKUs.  The below screen is new to 2010 and acts as a bouncer to enforce server farm consistency.  It appears to check three categories:

  • Product SKU  (Server / Foundation)
  • Patch (version number)
  • Language pack(s)

So what I’ll do next is install the full SharePoint Server product (with Dec 2010 CU slipstream on the Updates subfolder) and then try to join Config DB once again. 

Smile
image

Error: Some farm products and patches were not detected on this or other servers.  If products or patches are missing locally, you must quit this program and install the required products and patches on this server before restarting this wizard. If products or patches are missing on other servers, you must install the required products and patches on the specific servers, and you may then click the Refresh button to perform the status check again.

NOTE –  You may need to run the command “Get-SPProduct -local” on each machine after applying the EXE/MSP updates for it to detect correctly in the SP Config Wizard.  

  • Tim Odell

    This is not fully true. I am experiencing the same issue and I do know that the patches ARE installed on my servers.  In fact, if I attempt to install them the installation wizards for the patch says they have already been applied.  Something else may be wrong.  You can run the following command to bypass this if you find yourself in my shoes.  This will bypass the configuration wizard UI.
    psconfig -cmd upgrade
    -inplace b2b -force -cmd -installcheck -noinstallcheck

    • Christian Heim

      Had the same Problem like you Tim.
      psconfig.exe -cmd installcheck -noinstallcheck
      did the trick for me …

    • Richard Rowe

      I received this error after installing SP1 for the Office Web Apps.  your bypass worked in mycase as well.

  • Abhilash

    i am getting the same error when trying to connect to existing server farm. I ran the command but no use..
    am i missing some steps. please advise..

  • Techie123456781234

    psconfig.exe -cmd installcheck -noinstallcheck 
    FIXED my issue. Thanks all.

  • cyn3rgy

    In my case even the psconfig was failing, I ran get-spproduct -local in powershell and got an error about gettypes, which turned out to be caused by not having the powerpivot addin installed on the server in question. This was for SP2013 after installing the March 2015 CU, but thought I’d just leave a note here in case someone else comes across this post in search of similar symptoms.

    • Thank you cyn3rgy! Yes, always helpful to have follow up in hopes of helping out fellow Google searchers. =)

© Copyright 2016
@ SPJeff

Return to Top ▲Return to Top ▲